Marcello Lippi is out as China coach. Marcello Lippi has resigned as head coach of the China national team after seeing his side slip to a 2-1 loss to Syria in qualifying for the 2022 World Cup in Dubai on Thursday. The Italian quit during his news conference after an own goal from defender Zhang Linpeng left China five points adrift of the table-topping Syrians at the halfway point of the qualification group stage. "My pay is very high, and I take all the blame," Lippi was quoted as saying by the Chinese media. Editor's Picks Top 30 players under 21 in men's soccer Freddy Adu: 'I'm not ready to give it up' - Viewers guide: Stream ESPN+ in U.S. - Follow Transfer Talk LIVE - Fantasy: Set lineups, check scores! "I am quitting as...from ESPN FC - FIFA World Cup Qualifying - AFC News https://ift.tt/375ANfu
Comments
Post a Comment